Since I have been seeing many of you having the same mistakes in formatting, this is the check list you have to remember to write/type an appropriate academic essay in MLA style. Before you start to write/type your academic essay, please be sure that these following steps are completely done.
Follow this order: This heading is on the left side, at the top of first page
- Your full name (First name, Last name)
- Class (ESL 119)
- Due date (date, month, year)
Double click at the top of the page to make the header show up
- Page number (don’t type, use Word tools)
- Your last name on the left side of page number
- Make sure that you change the font of the header into Times New Roman, 12-point
- Choose “PAGE LAYOUT” –> “Margins” –> “Custom Margins”
- Modify the default margins from 1″ to 0.7″
4/ Font, size
- Times New Roman
5/ Line spacing: Double space
After finishing your essay, please check these steps again to make sure that everything is consistent.
Good luck! 🙂