Works Cited is not so hard, but it’s quite complicated to remember. Thus, I got some quick reviews about it for you. I hope that will help.
These are some tips you can use for Microsoft Word. I don’t use Pages or Google Doc so I cannot show you clearly how to do with Works Cited on them, but I think they are kind of similar to each other.
- Works Cited must be in a separate page with the essay. Look at the bar above the document in Word, clink on “PAGE LAYOUT” and choose “Break.”
- “Works Cited” phrase has to be in the CENTER of the page. At “HOME” page, choose the Center Align or press Ctrl+E.
- The citations under Works Cited must be in Align Left. Press Tab button to indent the second line (if any) of the citation.
- Make sure that you modify the line spacing to double space (2.0)
- How to copy and paste citations to Word?
- Copy the citation
- Paste in Word
- Check the small clipboard at the end of the sentence, choose “Merge Formatting (M)”
- Move the mouse to the beginning of the second line, press Enter, after that press Tab, and continuously do with the next lines (if any)
- “Works Cited” with capitalized first letter of each word and the “s” after “Work”
- “Works Cited” must be in the center of the page
- All citation follow MLA 8th edition style
- Go to easybib.com to make it easier for you to create an appropriate citation. Make sure that you carefully check the information in every field you just fill before creating a citation.
I hope that it will help. Good luck on your essay.